Open Position — Mentor
Mentors will help to lead the implementation of PrettyGirl Academy’s
curriculum, creating and maintaining a strong culture by promoting an inclusive
environment teaching a group of ten to fifteen young women ages 11-16 sessions
centered around self-esteem and appreciation, etiquette, career development, etc.
The Mentor will effectively and eagerly create a strong consistent bond between herself
and the pretty girl(s) assigned to her, effectively facilitate lessons, build relationships
and work in collaboration with the PGA staff.
Only natural born female candidates with 25+ years of age will be considered for this
role. The successful candidate will have flexible availability to meet with their mentee
and their mentee’s parents on a pre-scheduled basis. Will can attend two sessions of
each month for at least two-hours.
- Flexible availability
- Meet with Mentee(s) on a regular basis to keep track of their grades and any personal
- needs with the family’s approval
- Teaching groups of middle and high school students in formal or informal setting
- Fluent in teenager and/or have the openness to learnStrong classroom management/relationship building skills
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve
- Exceptional facilitation, communication and presentation skills
- Well-versed in restorative practices and conflict management
- Enthusiasm and skill working in youth development
- Integrity, maturity, credibility, and a demonstrated commitment to PrettyGirl’s mission
- Dedicated to complete participation in a 9-months program
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Currently setting obtainable personal goals that you plan to accomplish
Open Position — Social Media Intern
PrettyGirl Academy is more than a mentoring program we are aspiring to be the go to
place for all things “girl”. We are looking for a Social Media Intern to join our growing
team. The ideal applicant will join our team for 3 months and have strong knowledge
and understanding of the digital media landscape, including various social media
websites specifically Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Founder to execute a cohesive
social media strategy. This role will be instrumental in increasing our social media
presence and gaining visibility for our brand among clients and candidates with the goal
of generating more applicants and later sales once we begin our clothing portion.
REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONSMust be able to earn class credit
- The ability to work remotely or in-person
- Solid writing and proofing skills
- Bursting with creativity and a passion for all things girl
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and PrettyGirl members to gain an
- understanding of how and what we communicate to reach our primary audiences
- (prospective students/parents and teenage girls that are unable to join us).
- Conceptualize, create and publish daily content (combining both original text and
- images as well as text, images and videos provided by the PGA team) that
- enhances attraction for PGA, shares stories of our community’s successes,
- builds meaningful connections and encourages engagement.